Recipe by Nif
This large serving of hot chocolate is low fat, healthy and delicious. Great for those chilly days. Enjoy!
Top Review by Realtor by day, Chef by night
Yummy-licious! This is so good, you'd never know I used light ingredients. It's snowing outside so this made a very nice treat- just for me. And I had so much fun setting up the photo, too! Thanks, Nif!
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 peppermint candies or 1 small candy cane, crushed
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 teaspoons sugar substitute (2-3 packages, depending on how sweet you like it)
- 1⁄4 cup whipped cream (add 1 more point) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large mug (20 oz) or microwavable container, mix the cocoa, peppermint and hot water together and stir well. Microwave for 1 minute on High and stir.
- Add the milk and vanilla. Microwave for another 1 1/2 to 2 minutes until hot.
- Add the sugar substitute and stir. Top with the whipped cream if using.