Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 mins
This large serving of hot chocolate is low fat, healthy and delicious. Great for those chilly days. Enjoy!
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 peppermint candies or 1 small candy cane, crushed
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 teaspoons sugar substitute (2-3 packages, depending on how sweet you like it)
- 1⁄4 cup whipped cream (add 1 more point) (optional)
- In a large mug (20 oz) or microwavable container, mix the cocoa, peppermint and hot water together and stir well. Microwave for 1 minute on High and stir.
- Add the milk and vanilla. Microwave for another 1 1/2 to 2 minutes until hot.
- Add the sugar substitute and stir. Top with the whipped cream if using.
Yummy-licious! This is so good, you'd never know I used light ingredients. It's snowing outside so this made a very nice treat- just for me. And I had so much fun setting up the photo, too! Thanks, Nif!
This is really really good hot chocolate Nif..but I will confess. I added one chocolate hershey kiss to the bottom of my mug....well, just because. It really is a delicious cuppa cocoa with the addition of crushed candycanes. Great idea~ Made for KK"s Chef's Pick. :-)