Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
- 1 (8 ounce) package angel food cake mix
- 5 tablespoons sugar-free Cafe Vienna coffee powder (General Foods International)
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 large egg
- To make cake, prepare angel food cake mix according to package directions but stir 2 tablespoons of coffee powder into cake mix; bake as directed.
- Remove cake from oven and follow directions for cooling.
- When completely cool, slice into 12 pieces.
- To make sauce, combine remaining 3 tablespoons of coffee powder, sugar and milk in a small saucepan; bring to a simmer, stirring constantly.
- Beat egg in a heatproof bowl.
- Pour about 1/4 cup of milk mixture into egg, beating constantly.
- Pour egg mixture back into saucepan.
- Cook over very low heat, stirring constantly until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Serve sauce immediately over cake.
- 3 Points Yields 1 slice of cake and about 1 1/4 tablespoons of sauce per serving.