Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
From "Top Secret Recipes, LITE!"
- 591.47 ml nonfat milk
- 29.58 ml unsweetened cocoa powder
- 44.37 ml cornstarch
- 118.29 ml sweetened evaporated skim milk
- 44.37 ml Hersheys Chocolate Syrup
- 0.25 ml salt
- 2.46 ml vanilla extract
- In a saucepan, combine the milk with the cocoa powder and cornstarch and whisk thoroughly until the powders are dissolved.
- Add the condensed milk, chocolate syrup, and salt to the saucepan. Set the pan over med/low heat. Heat the mixture, stirring constantly, until it comes to a boil and thickens (about 6 min).
- Remove from heat and let sit, covered, for about 5 minutes and then add the vanilla.
- Transfer into serving cups, cover each with plastic wrap and chill 2-3 hrs before serving.
- 3 Points per serving (3/4 cup).
I made this as posted but instead of Hersheys Chocolate Syrup I used No Fat Chocolate Sauce #31877. I tasted the pudding before adding the syrup and for my taste, it was too sweet. After adding the No Fat sauce, it toned it down and it tasted good.
Hum...I enjoyed this very much but I found it to be a rich almost bittersweet taste and fairly thin. I used nonfat soymilk in place of the skim but otherwise thought I had left it the same. Well, I used evaporated milk because I thought that was what was called for. In reading Longhorn Mama's review it looks like she used fat free sweetened condensed which certainly would have made it sweeter and thicker.. I'm not sure which is actually called for here. We enjoyed it the way we made it, but it was more of a "grown-up" pudding then a regular semi-sweet pudding.
Super creamy and smooth with rich chocolate flavor. This is a wonderful fat-free treat with a healthy dose of calcium and protein. The kind of dessert you can feel good about eating or feeding the kids. A 14 oz can of Eagle Brand fat free sweetened condensed milk contains about 1 1/4 cups, so this recipe could be easily doubled. Thanks, mariposa13, for posting!