Recipe by mariposa13
From "Top Secret Recipes, LITE!"
Top Review by Andrea in NH
I made this as posted but instead of Hersheys Chocolate Syrup I used No Fat Chocolate Sauce #31877. I tasted the pudding before adding the syrup and for my taste, it was too sweet. After adding the No Fat sauce, it toned it down and it tasted good.
- 2 1⁄2 cups nonfat milk
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup sweetened evaporated skim milk
- 3 tablespoons Hersheys Chocolate Syrup
- 1 dash salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan, combine the milk with the cocoa powder and cornstarch and whisk thoroughly until the powders are dissolved.
- Add the condensed milk, chocolate syrup, and salt to the saucepan. Set the pan over med/low heat. Heat the mixture, stirring constantly, until it comes to a boil and thickens (about 6 min).
- Remove from heat and let sit, covered, for about 5 minutes and then add the vanilla.
- Transfer into serving cups, cover each with plastic wrap and chill 2-3 hrs before serving.
- 3 Points per serving (3/4 cup).