Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 mins
From WW Online
- 1 lb shrimp, medium, peeled and deveined
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice or 2 tablespoons key lime juice
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Rinse the shrimp under cold water and place them in a saucepan with enough cold water to cover them; heat just until the water begins to simmer.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and set aside 1 minute, or until the shrimp are opaque in the center.
- Drain the shrimp, then plunge them into a bowl of ice water.
- Drain and pat dry with paper towels.
- Arrange on a serving platter.
- To make the cocktail sauce, combine the ketchup, key lime juice, Worcestershire sauce and pepper sauce in a small bowl.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning, adding more hot pepper sauce or Worcestershire sauce as desired.
- Serve the shrimp with the cocktail sauce.
Great shrimp cocktail recipe when you don't have horseradish on hand. Thank you.
Good recipe and good mixture of flavors for something quick and ingredients that I had on hand.
VERY NICE and EASY coctail sauce with stuff I always have on hand! Thanks so much! Oh, I also wanted to thank you for your review of my recipe for Brookes Portabellos! I'm glad you liked them as well! That was an experiment gone RIGHT. lol!