Recipe by mariposa13
Top Review by Kat's hungry
I was looking for something to make ahead for my week day breakfasts on the go. I had made a similar dish before and it was really bland, so I jazzed this one up with seasonings at every step.<br/>I used pork sausage (on hand) and added sage and garlic, then cooked bell peppers and onion separately seasoned with oregano, s&p and chili flakes. The potatoes had their own seasoning.<br/> To the Bisquick, I added ancho chili powder (just a little), paprika and s&p. Baked it in a smaller pan for thickness 40 min. When cooled, divided into six pcs and put them into the freezer. Pull one out for breakfast, microwave 1min 30sec, mabe add a little pica de gallo.
- 2 cups cooked ham
- 1 small onion
- 1 small green pepper
- 3 cups ore-ida country style hash browns
- 2 cups kraft free shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup Bisquick reduced-fat baking mix
- 2 cups skim milk
- 1 cup fat free egg substitute
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a non stick skillet sprayed with cooking spray saute chopped onions & peppers.
- Add chopped ham half way through cooking.
- In a 9x13 baking dish pour in frozen hash browns, spread out evenly.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper or any other seasonings you like.
- Mix in the sauteed veggies & ham.
- Add 1 cup of cheese.
- In a bowl combine the milk, Bisquick and eggs; whisk together.
- Pour over the top of the ham, hash brown, cheese mixture.
- Bake uncovered for 40 minutes or until knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Sprinkle the rest of the cheese over the top and bake until melted.
- Remove casserole and let stand 5 minutes.
- 3 Points per serving. Serves 12.