1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 30 mins
From WW online. Can also be made with pears instead of apples. Partially cooking a hard-shell squash makes it easier to peel. Pierce the gourd in several places with a fork, microwave on HIGH for 6 to 10 minutes, depending on size, and then peel.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 tablespoons gingerroot, grated
- 1 medium leek, white part only, coarsely chopped
- 4 3/4 ounces frozen apple juice concentrate, about 1/2 cup (undiluted)
- 3 large apples, Golden Delicious, peeled, cored and cut into eighths
- 3 lbs butternut squash, peeled, cut into chunks and seeded (1 large or 2 small squash)
- 4 cups canned chicken broth, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup half & half light cream
- 1Combine ginger, leek and apple juice concentrate in a large pot; cover and simmer until leeks are tender, about 10 minutes.
- 2Add apples, squash and 1 cup of broth; cover and simmer until very tender, about 1 hour.
- 3Purée soup in pot using a hand-held immersion blender.
- 4Or purée soup in a blender in small batches (be careful not to splatter the hot liquid) and return the puréed soup to the pot.
- 5Add remaining 3 cups of broth, salt and pepper; simmer until heated through, about 10 minutes.
- 6Stir in creamer and serve.
- 73 Points yields about 1 cup per serving.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ww 3 Points - Ginger-Scented Apple Squash Soup
Serving Size: 1 (340 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 170.3
- Calories from Fat 24
- Total Fat 2.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 5.4 mg
- Sodium 761.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 15.6 g
- Protein 6.5 g