Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
From WW Great Cooking Everyday
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 2 egg whites
- Preheat oven to 350*F.
- Lightly spray 8x8-inch baking pan with nonstick spray.
- Sift together the flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt in a bowl.
- Melt butter in saucepan, remove pan from heat, and sift in sugar.
- Add whole egg and vanilla, beat 1 minute.
- Stir in flour mixture and water.
- With electric mixer on medium speed, beat egg whites in large bowl until forms soft peaks, about 4 minute.
- With a whisk, gently mix 1/3 of the whites into the batter to lighten it, then fold in remaining whites.
- Scrape the batter into baking pan.
- Bake until toothpick inserted comes out clean, about 25 minute.
- Cool 15-20 minute.
- 3 Points per brownie.