Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 mins
From weightwatchers.com. Needs to marinate for 2-8 hours.
Make and share this Ww 3 Points - Cuban Chicken Skewers (Mix and Match Recipe) recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon table salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 12 medium jalapeno peppers, halved lengthwise, seeded (do not touch seeds with bare hands)
- olive oil flavored cooking spray (5 one-second sprays per serving)
- Combine orange and lemon juices, oil, garlic, cumin, paprika, salt and oregano in a resealable plastic food storage bag.
- Add chicken and peppers; seal bag and turn to coat.
- Place bag on a plate on the bottom shelf in refrigerator and marinate for 2 to 8 hours.
- Preheat grill or grill pan.
- Thread chicken and pepper halves onto 8 metal or wooden skewers, using 4 pieces of chicken and 3 pieces of pepper per skewer; coat with cooking spray. (Note: If you're using wooden skewers, soak them in water 30 minutes before use to prevent charring.).
- Grill skewers, turning often, until chicken is no longer pink in the center, about 6 to 8 minutes; serve immediately.
- Leftovers can be refrigerated for up to 3 days. Yields 1 skewer per serving.
Loved the recipe. I cut it back to 12 oz of chicken - 2 skewers - made the full marinade and added an extra clove of garlic. Baked in the oven at 375F for 25 minutes - The result was lovely moist chicken loaded with flavor. I used 4 large Jalapenos and it was not too hot at all. This is a do again recipe for sure
This had a very nice flavor. Cooked this on a stovetop grill and can't wait to be able to use the outdoor grill. Thanks for posting this Mariposa! Made for Bargain Basement Tag.
If you like spicy food, as I do, this has some good possibilities. Was a little worried about the heat at first and found it spicy but not so hot as too be inedible. My greater reaction was that the jalepeno managed to overpower all the other flavors. Couldn't taste the juices, garlic or my lovely Hungarian paprika. Thinking with a bit of retooling this could be really great. Thanks Mariposa.