Recipe by mariposa13
From weightwatchers.com. Needs to marinate for 2-8 hours.
Top Review by Bergy
Loved the recipe. I cut it back to 12 oz of chicken - 2 skewers - made the full marinade and added an extra clove of garlic. Baked in the oven at 375F for 25 minutes - The result was lovely moist chicken loaded with flavor. I used 4 large Jalapenos and it was not too hot at all. This is a do again recipe for sure
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon table salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 12 medium jalapeno peppers, halved lengthwise, seeded (do not touch seeds with bare hands)
- olive oil flavored cooking spray (5 one-second sprays per serving)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine orange and lemon juices, oil, garlic, cumin, paprika, salt and oregano in a resealable plastic food storage bag.
- Add chicken and peppers; seal bag and turn to coat.
- Place bag on a plate on the bottom shelf in refrigerator and marinate for 2 to 8 hours.
- Preheat grill or grill pan.
- Thread chicken and pepper halves onto 8 metal or wooden skewers, using 4 pieces of chicken and 3 pieces of pepper per skewer; coat with cooking spray. (Note: If you're using wooden skewers, soak them in water 30 minutes before use to prevent charring.).
- Grill skewers, turning often, until chicken is no longer pink in the center, about 6 to 8 minutes; serve immediately.
- Leftovers can be refrigerated for up to 3 days. Yields 1 skewer per serving.