Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
From WW Magazine
- 3 tablespoons light butter, stick, softened
- 1⁄3 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 24 (1 ounce) individual soft caramels
- 1 tablespoon nonfat milk
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- To make crust, preheat oven to 350*F.
- Line 8-inch square baking pan with enough foil to extend 2-inches over the sides.
- Spray foil with nonstick spray.
- With electric mixer on low speed, beat butter, brown sugar, and vanilla until well mixed.
- Add flour, beating until blended and mixture is crumbly.
- Press crumb mixture into bottom of pan.
- Bake until crust is lightly browned at edges, about 15 minute.
- Meanwhile, to make topping, combine caramels and milk in microwavable bowl.
- Microwave on high 2 min until hot, stirring once halfway through cooking time.
- Stir again until mixture is smooth.
- Pour topping onto hot crust and spread evenly, leaving 1/4-inch border along the edge.
- Sprinkle with pecans.
- Return pan to oven and bake until topping is bubbling, about 12 minute.
- Cool completely.
- Using foil overhang as handles, transfer to cutting board.
- Gently peel off foil and cut into 16 bars.
- 3 points for one bar.