Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 mins
From WW Meals in Minutes Cookbook. I have a persimmon tree in my front yard so I'll give this a try when the fruits start falling!
- 1 medium persimmon, cut in half lengthwise (about 1/4 pound)
- 1⁄4 ounce chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1 tablespoon fat-free whipped topping
- 1 dash ground nutmeg
- In flameproof 1-1/4 cup au gratin dish or 4x4x2-inch baking dish, arrange persimmon halves, cut side up. Set aside.
- In cup or small bowl, combine pecans and sugar; sprinkle pecan mixture over persimmon halves, reserving 1 teaspoon.
- Broil until sugar carmelizes and pecans are lightly toasted, 2-3 minutes. Set aside.
- In cup or small bowl, combine sour cream, whipped cream, and nutmeg.
- Top each persimmon half with half of the sour cream mixture and then sprinkle with half of the reserved pecan mixture.
- 3 Points per serving (1/2 persimmon).
Very tasty and very easy. Used non-fat yogurt instead of sour cream.
I made this a few times last year and forgot to rate it; plan to make it again this year - soon. Not tending to keep whipped topping around, I just used light sour cream and mixed it with a little extra brown sugar along with the nutmeg. Quite delicious, relatively healthy, and easy!
Wow!!! This is a sweet treat that feels like you are being naughty! I used super ripe Hachiya persimmons from my grandmother's tree. It reminded me a little of a pumpkin pie. The topping was a nice contrast to the sweetness of the persimmon. I'll be making these for as long as the tree produces fruit!