Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 1 (8 ounce) box devil's food cake mix
- 10 ounces diet cola
- 1 egg white
- 6 ounces fat-free caramel topping
- 7 ounces low fat sweetened condensed milk (or fat free)
- 1 cup heath English toffee bits
- 1 (8 ounce) container fat-free cool whip
- Mix cake mix, egg white and diet soda.
- Bake as directed in a greased 9x13 pan.
- During the last few minutes of baking, put caramel and condensed milk in a saucepan and stir on medium low heat until smooth.
- Take cake out of oven, and poke holes all over the top.
- Pour caramel mixture over warm cake, filling in the holes.
- Sprinkle Heath bits over the top, reserving some for the top.
- Cool completely.
- Cover with container of FF cool whip and sprinkle with remaining heath bits.
- Put in fridge until ready to serve.
- 3 Points per serving (serves 24).
I got compliments on this cake by my family when I made it.I used two egg whites and a sugar free cake.I thought it would be too much sweet to put all of the caramel and condensed milk so I only added half of it but when tasting it I realised I should have put it all into the cake as it was pretty delicious and not to overly sweet as I thought it would be.
I made this for a potluck lunch at work and everyone wanted the recipe. They were SO surprised when they heard how easy it is. And once they realized that it isn't as sinful as it tastes, they went back for more!!! I had to hide a slice to take home for my hubby. The first thing he asked was when I was going to make it again.... for home! This is a keeper for sure!
This was a really great cake. I was a bit confused with using only 8 ounces of the cake mix. A 9 x 13 pan seemed very large for such a small amount of batter. So I used the whole box of cake mix, 2 egg whites and doubled the diet cola. This fit the cake pan just right. I did not double the amount of topping for the cake and that was just right too. All and all it was a delicious cake, very moist and chocolaty.