Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs 20 mins
From ww magazine. Cook time includes marinade time
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle beer (dark)
- 1 tablespoon seeded and minced jalapeno pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed through a press
- 2 teaspoons five-spice powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 8 (1/4 lb) skinless chicken drumsticks
- Combine 1 cup of the beer, jalapeño pepper, garlic, five spice powder, and salt in a zip-lock bag.
- Add the chicken, squeeze out the air and seal the bag.
- Turn to coat the chicken.
- Refridgerate, turning the bag occasionally, 2 hours or overnight.
- Spray broiler rack with nonstick spray and preheat broiler.
- Transfer chicken to broiler rack, discard marinade.
- Broil chicken 5 inches from heat, turning occasionally and basting with remaining 1/2 cup beer, until thermometer reads 180*F, about 20 minutes.
- 3 points per serving (2 drumsticks).
I've made this quite a few times with different marinating times and it's been great! I generally stick to the recipe, although this time I'm using much hotter peppers than jalapeno, so we'll see how that works! This is one of the few recipes where you can really taste the beer, nice and easy for a weeknight dinner. Thanks for posting!
Delicious, tender, and juicy chicken... We are not on WW but thought we would give it a try. I used some Guinness and lots more garlic and jalapeno... I marinated them overnight and I actually grilled them since it was so nice outside! My BF is not a huge fan of 5 spice, but the flavor was not overpowering at all... very subtle and delicious. Thanks for posting!!!
This was a good recipe, I let it marinate for about 6 hours and I baked it instead of broiling and it came out very moist and flavorful. I was a little nervous about the jalepenos because my hubby really can't handle hot but it wasn't as strong as I expected. Very good, I'll be making this again! Thank you mariposa!