Recipe by mariposa13
From Weight Watcher - Simply Delicious Unlike the fatty noodles you find in restaurants, our high-fiber noodles are served in a light, nutty sauce. This dish is delicious hot, at room temperature, or chilled. Try it with a crisp green salad for a more substantial meal.
Top Review by ratherbeswimmin'
The sauce remained very watery after I tried to cook it down. I think adding some cornstarch might have helped thicken it up a bit and maybe it would have clung to the noodles better. I found the overall flavor rather bland, also.
- 473.18 ml fat-free low-sodium chicken broth
- 29.58 ml reduced sodium soy sauce
- 14.79 ml smooth peanut butter
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- 14.79 ml fresh lemon or 14.79 ml lime juice
- 9.85 ml dark sesame oil
- 226.79 g whole wheat spaghetti or 226.79 g linguine
- thin buckwheat noodle
- 1 small carrot, finely shredded
- 14.79 ml toasted sesame seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the chicken broth, soy sauce, peanut butter and garlic in a small saucepan; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes.
- Remove the sauce from the heat and stir in the scallion, lemon juice and sesame oil.
- Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti according to package directions.
- Drain; rinse under warm running water and drain again.
- Combine the spaghetti, the sauce, carrot and sesame seeds in a large bowl.
- Toss gently to mix.
- Serve warm or cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
- Bring to room temperature 30 minutes before serving.
- 3 Points for 2/3 cup.
- Sesame Seeds:.
- To toast sesame seeds, place them in a small dry skillet over medium-low heat. Cook, stirring constantly, until lightly browned and fragrant, 2-3 minutes. Watch them carefully when toasting; seeds can burn quickly.