Yum, yum, yum. That's all I can say about this tasty soup. You can also sprinkle each bowl with a bit of light Parmesan or Romano cheese. Enjoy!
- cooking spray (I use olive oil in a spritzer)
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, cut into very small cubes
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups cauliflower florets, fresh
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 3 ounces small shell pasta, spinach preferred
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped (I've only used dry) or 1 teaspoon basil, dried (I've only used dry)
- black pepper, freshly ground to taste
- Spray large saucepan with cooking olive oil spray or nonstick spray. Saute carrot and onion 3 minutes over medium heat, until just tender, stirring occasionally. Do not brown! Add cauliflower and chicken broth; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in shells & basil and bring to a low boil. Cook 15 minutes, or until shells are just tender. Sprinkle each serving with pepper to taste.