Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Yum, yum, yum. That's all I can say about this tasty soup. You can also sprinkle each bowl with a bit of light Parmesan or Romano cheese. Enjoy!
- cooking spray (I use olive oil in a spritzer)
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, cut into very small cubes
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups cauliflower florets, fresh
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 3 ounces small shell pasta, spinach preferred
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped (I've only used dry) or 1 teaspoon basil, dried (I've only used dry)
- black pepper, freshly ground to taste
- Spray large saucepan with cooking olive oil spray or nonstick spray. Saute carrot and onion 3 minutes over medium heat, until just tender, stirring occasionally. Do not brown! Add cauliflower and chicken broth; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in shells & basil and bring to a low boil. Cook 15 minutes, or until shells are just tender. Sprinkle each serving with pepper to taste.
This is simple and tasty. Here's how I adjusted the recipe, based on my personal preference. I used chopped garlic, vegetable stock, dried chopped onions (not fresh), and white chopped and cooked button mushrooms. I added Italian seasoning instead of the seasoning listed. Overall, I wish I would have added the cauliflower in with the noodles, during the last 10 minutes, because the cauliflower was way too soft for my liking. I'd make this again, with the adjustments. Thank you for posting.
We do love cauliflower around here & this soup really was a hit for us! Mild, but with just right touch of herbs! Thanks for this great addition to my soup rotation! [Made & reviewed in Went to the Market recipe tag]
The caulifolower brings a nice flavor to this soup and only 2 points, can't beat that. I didn't have any fresh basil, but I think it would have really been a nice touch. Made for holiday tag, thanks for another get recipe, nif.