Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
From WW site.
- 1 dash cooking spray (1 spritz)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs extra lean ground beef
- 3⁄4 cup rolled oats
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 8 ounces canned tomato sauce
- 6 teaspoons Splenda sugar substitute (to taste)
- 3 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Combine beef, oats, egg whites, onions, garlic, parsley and oregano in a medium bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Shape beef mixture into 48 1" balls, place on baking sheet.
- Bake meatballs for 25 minutes.
- Transfer to a crockpot to keep warm and set on low.
- Meanwhile, combine remaining ingredients in a small bowl. Pour over meatballs and let heat about 10 minutes.
- Points figured for 4 meatballs per serving.
I only made a 3rd of this recipe as I am the only one in the family who will eat sweet and sour stuff. As I sat down for dinner, I couldn't wait to taste it!!!! The only things that I changed in it was to use yellow mustard rather than spicy brown (but I don't think that hurt the recipe any, because the tabasco that I used made it way spicier than I had imagined) and ground turkey rather than beef, as a matter of preference. I had them over brown rice and boy, did the meal hit the spot! Thanks for the great recipe!