Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
From WW Quick Success Program Cookbook. Serve warm over cooked pasta or cold as a salad dressing. Will store for 2 weeks in refrigerator.
- 1 large Spanish onion, cut in half (about 1/4 pound)
- 1 large red bell pepper (about 7 ounces)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 18 sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar or 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dijon-style mustard
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed
- Preheat broiler.
- Line baking sheet with heavy duty foil.
- Arrange onion cut side down, the bell pepper, and the garlic cloves and broil 3 inches from heat source, turning bell pepper frequently, until all vegetables are charred.
- Let stand until cool enough to handle, 15-20 minutes.
- Peel onion, bell pepper, and garlic.
- Remove and discard stems and seeds from pepper.
- In food processor, combine onion, bell pepper, garlic, and remaining ingredients and process until smooth.
- Transfer to medium bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate until ready to use.
- 2 points per serving (1/3 cup).
We thought this tasted pretty good, it's just a bit of work lol. Served on whole wheat linguine with Chicken. Since we only used some of the pesto I will be able to try it in some other way in the next few days too. Oh and since I do not like fennel seed we used Cumin instead which is listed as a substitute on a spice site I went to.
This made a nice topping for some toasted french bread. I halved the recipe and didn't quite have enough red pepper, so used a little bit of yellow pepper to make up the difference. Thanks for a tasty lunch!