Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup whole grain wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon table salt
- 2 large bananas
- 1 cup pumpkin
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 4 ounces splenda artificial sweetener
- Preheat oven to 325*F (160*C).
- In a bowl combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a bowl whisk together the pumpkin puree, banana, oil, sugar, eggs and vanilla.
- Add the flour mixture and stir the batter until it is just combined.
- Transfer to a greased 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan and bake in the middle of the oven for 1 hour, or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let the bread cool in the pan for 10 minutes on rack before removing.
- Cool completely on rack.
- Store tightly wrapped.
very good and moist. made for my almost 1 yr old, who is starting to eat finger foods. I wanted something that didn't have a lot of sugar. i subbed brown sugar for the sugar sub, as i was making it for my baby. i also added a container of his banana baby yogurt to it. he loves it and it's not too overwhelming for his senses, actually since i made it for him i cut back on the spices. thanks!
Even with all the ingredients this produced a pretty bland bread. I was not sure how much 4 oz of splenda would be so I used 1/2 a cup. I also subbed whole wheat pastry flour for all the flour. And there is no place where it says to add the spices (though I added them with the dry). This took about 15 minutes longer then expected to bake and, while the texture was ok, had very little flavor. Still edible, but not great. Sorry mariposa, It just didn't work for me.