Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Top Secret Recipes, Lite! Serving size is 1 cup and has 114 calories and 0 grams fat.
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup
- 3⁄4 cup light brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (16 ounce) bag94% fat-free microwave popcorn
- wax paper (have it laid out and ready)
- Combine oil, corn syrup, brown sugar, water, salt in small saucepan over med heat.
- Stir while bringing to a boil, then use candy thermometer to bring to 300* (hard crack stage).
- When reaches about 275*, start cooking the popcorn according to package directions.
- You want the popcorn to be hot when you are ready to pour the candy on top.
- When candy has reached right temp, add vanilla and remove from heat.
- Pour hot popcorn into large plastic or glass bowl and quickly pour the candy mix on top.
- Stir so that the candy coats all the pieces.
- To better coat, microwave the popcorn/candy mixture for 30 seconds on high.
- Stir mixture and if necessary, microwave for another 30 seconds.
- Once it is well coated, pour the popcorn onto wax paper and spread around to cool.
- When cool, break into small pieces. Store in sealed container.