1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 10 mins
From WW Slim Ways Mexican. This is a lower fat version. It does take a long time to make but is worth it. Can divide it into 1 cup portions and freeze for future use.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (6 inch) corn tortillas, torn into bite size pieces
- 1 cup stewed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon pureed canned chipotle chile in adobo
- 1/2 teaspoon ground aniseed
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 1 ounce blanched almond
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander seed
- 1 tablespoon corn oil
- 1 teaspoon corn oil
- 8 medium dried mulato bell peppers, seeded and torn into pieces
- 3 medium dried pasilla peppers, seeded and torn into pieces
- 2 medium dried ancho peppers, seeded and torn into pieces
- boiling water, to cover
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1Preheat oven to 325. Spray baking sheet with cooking spray.
- 2Place tortilla pieces in a single layer on baking sheet. Bake 20-30 min until golden and crisp.
- 3Meanwhile, in large bowl, combine tomatoes, cocoa, pureed peppers, aniseed, black pepper, cinnamon, and cloves. Add baked tortilla pieces, stir to combine.
- 4In medium nonstick skillet, toast almonds, sesame seeds and coriander seeds over low heat, stirring constantly, 5-7 minute until almonds are golden brown. Stir in tomato mixture.
- 5In same skillet, heat 2 tsp of the oil, add mulato, pasilla, and ancho peppers. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, 2 min, until peppers are browned. With slotted spoon, transfer peppers to med bowl. Add boiling water to cover. Let stand 1 hour.
- 6Meanwhile, in same skillet, heat remaining 2 tsp oil. Add onions. Cook over med heat, stirring frequently, 10-12 min, until golden brown. Add raisins and garlic, cook, stirring frequently, 2 min longer. Add to tomato mixture.
- 7Drain peppers, add to tomato mixture.
- 8In batches, transfer tomato mixture to food processor or blender, puree until smooth. Add broth as needed.
- 9Place medium sieve over same large bowl. Strain tomato mixture throuh sieve, pressing with back of wooden spoon. Discard solids. Stir remaining broth, the sugar and salt into tomato mixture. Refridgerate, covered, until thickened and chilled.
- 102 Points per serving (1/4 cup).
Browse Our Top Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ww 2 Points - Mole Poblano
Serving Size: 1 (114 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 72.1
- Calories from Fat 21
- Total Fat 2.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 118.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 6.4 g
- Protein 2.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chipotle chiles in adobo
dried ancho peppers