- cooking spray
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2⁄3 cup unpacked brown sugar
- 3 large bananas or 4 medium bananas, mashed
- 2 teaspoons lemon peel, grated
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg white
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon table salt
- 1⁄3 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup golden seedless raisins
- 1⁄3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Coat 24 mini muffin tins with cooking spray.
- Blend together oil and brown sugar.
- Beat in bananas, lemon zest, egg and egg white.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- Gently stir half the flour mixture into banana mixture; stir in buttermilk, remaining flour mixture and raisins.
- Divide batter among muffin pans.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean, about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Let cool in pans for 10 minutes before inverting onto a rack to cool completely.
- To make frosting, blend powdered sugar and lemon juice together.
- Drizzle over cooled muffins.