Recipe by mariposa13
From WW online
Top Review by mersaydees
DH and I had this with dinner last night and both of us really enjoyed it. We think it's a healthier modified version of a dish we both grew up with. I used 1/2 a fresh pineapple which I crushed myself. The Weight Watchers recipe says, "The pineapple juice helps caramelize the potatoes, resulting in wonderful flavor and texture." It also says you can use canned sweet potatoes in water to save time if preferred.
- cooking spray
- 1 1⁄2 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 8 ounces canned crushed pineapple in juice, undrained
- 1 tablespoon Splenda granular, no calorie artificial sweetener
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425ºF.
- Coat a 2-quart casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Place potatoes in prepared dish.
- In a small bowl, combine crushed pineapple, Splenda and cinnamon; add to potatoes and toss until well mixed.
- Bake, stirring after 30 minutes, until sweet potato mixture is bubbly, about 45 minutes. 2 Points yields about 1/2 cup per serving.