Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
From WW Quick Success Program Cookbook. For a different taste sensation, spoon it into individual dessert dishes, cover with plastic wrap, and freeze until firm. Cook time is marinading time.
- 3⁄4 lb ripe banana, peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons dark rum
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup thawed fat-free whipped topping
- In medium bowl, combine banana slices, rum, and lemon juice. Let marinade 1 hour.
- Transfer to food processor or blender and process until pureed.
- Transfer to medium bowl, fold in whipped cream.
- Serve immediately or cover with plastic wrap and freeze.
- 2 points per serving (1/4 cup).
Dessert was light quick and tasty, everything a points counting chef would like. I enjoyed the fresh banana flavor which worked especially well with fresh strawberries and black berries. The rum did not add much to the flavor and next time I would go ahead and omit, just a matter of personal preference. My one real problem was that the mousse never really set up and remained rather liquid. Even added additional 1/2 cup of whipped topping to no avail. Fortunately with the berries it still made a nice parfait. Thanks Mariposa.