Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
From a low-fat recipe website.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1⁄2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 1 cup canned chick-peas, rinsed and drained (garbanzo beans)
- 1⁄2 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄2 cup canned pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 12 taco shells
- 3⁄4 cup shredded iceberg lettuce
- 3⁄4 cup diced tomato
- 1⁄2 cup finely shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add onion and next 6 ingredients (onion through garlic), and sauté 2 minutes.
- Add chickpeas, beans, and tomato sauce. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes or until thick.
- Prepare taco shells according to package directions.
- Spoon 1/4 cup bean mixture into each taco shell.
- Top each with lettuce, 1 tablespoon tomato, 2 teaspoons cheese, and 2 teaspoons salsa.
We really enjoyed these. Very filling for only 2 points. Easy to make, a nice weeknight dinner because I usually have all the ingredients on hand. I reduced the spices because I am feeding small children but otherwise kept it the same. I served them with my lowfat mexican mac & cheese & some baked corn chips and salsa. A low fat filling and healthy dinner. Thanks!