Recipe by mizshuckiduck
I found this recipe on Hungry Girl and they recommend using strawberry Jello, but I think almost any flavor would do! 1 Point -Rock on wit cha bad self!
Top Review by Mimosas for Mr & Mrs
Mmm I love this. Never tried it before but I have been looking to. Delicious!! I used cranberry jello and I didn't measure the cool whip but I think I used about half a cup with only a .3 oz box of jello instead of .6 oz. Plus, since I am low calorie obsessed and love to save my fiber one for actual cereal, I just skipped the crust all together and voila! A yummy 25 calorie/serving dessert. Thank you!
- 2 cups Fiber One cereal
- 4 tablespoons land o lakes whipped light butter, melted
- 1 (1 ounce) box sugar-free jello
- 1 1⁄2 cups Cool Whip Free
- sliced strawberry (to garnish) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Begin by preheating oven to 350 degrees.
- For Crust:.
- In a blender or food processor, grind Fiber One to a breadcrumb-like consistency. Combine crumbs with melted butter and stir until well mixed.
- In an oven-safe pie dish sprayed with nonstick spray, evenly distribute Fiber One mixture, using your hands or a flat utensil to press & form the crust. Use your fingers to press it into the edges and up along the sides of the dish.
- Bake pie crust for 10 minutes. Set aside.
- For filling:.
- In a separate dish, dissolve gelatin mix into 2 cups boiling water. Stir for 2 minutes, or until completely dissolved. Stir in 1 cup of cold water, and place in fridge for about 1 1/2 hours, but NO LONGER (Jell-O should be jiggly, but not firm).
- Next, use a mixer to fold in Cool Whip. Once mixture is very well blended, pour evenly into pie crust. Use a flat utensil to smooth out surface.
- Refrigerate for several hours until firm. If desired, garnish pie with sliced strawberries.