A serving would be considered two brownie's. So then you'd have two points.:-) Not real big, so that's why you need two!!!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Thoroughly mist two 12 cup nonstick mini-muffin tins with cooking spray or use paper liners.
- Mix the applesauce, vanilla, eggwhites, and sugar until well combined in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the flour, baking powder, cocoa, espresso powder and salt.
- Stir until just combined and smooth.
- Using half the batter, fill each m uffin cup until just barely full.
- Sprinkle half of the chips evenly over the top.
- Bake 10-12 minutes.
- Transfer the pans to a rack to cool for 5 minutes.
- Using a knife, gently remove the bronwies from the muffin tins.
- Let cool another 10 minutes.
- Repeat with the 2nd half of the batter and remaining chips.
Very good moist muffins!
Little cups of chocolate heaven. I made just a dozen of these replacing the egg whites with egg beaters and 1/2 the sugar with Zsweet, an organic sugar replacement which measures like the regular stuff and has no aftertaste. Served warm they were pure nirvana and satisfied all my chocolate craving with a deep chocolate flavor elevated by the coffee and vanilla. Mine were slightly overbaked so at room temperature a tad drier than intended but the taste was so good. Like all no fat treats, best to error on the side of underbaking. Love that this scales so easily and has ingredients I always have on hand. Thanks!
As noted before, i was not sure if i should have whipped the egg whites or not. I decided to do not and used 2 whole eggs as i could not comit useing 8 (!) eggwhites. The recipe worked great anyways and we liked the muffins with a good cup of coffee. We only had one but maybe it was 2 points anyways. This is great for a treat without guilt thanks for sharing!