Recipe by myslys
Here's a great salad for those BBQ's that are so hard to eat healthy at.
Top Review by inreno
"Oh, really? Your making macaroni salad?" My Mom and Hubby aren't fans of mac salad, they prefer potato salad. Well, this was so good my Mom and Hubby wouldn't stop "tasting" it before I could add the celery. Added hard boiled egg to my Hubby's serving. This is a keeper for us and I will be making it all summer long. I used Dream Field Elbow Pasta and chopped sweet white onion, omitting the scallion and onion power.
- 2 cups whole wheat elbow macaroni
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup nonfat sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup dill pickle, sliced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 cup diced celery
- 1 cup red pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas and carrot
- 1⁄2 cup shredded fat-free cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup scallion, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook macaroni according to package directions without added salt or fat. Drain and rinse with cold water; drain again.
- Meanwhile, to make dressing, combine mayo, sour cream, pickles and onion powder in a small bowl; mix well.
- Combine macaroni, celery, pepper, peas and carrots, cheese and scallions in a large mixing bowl. Pour dressing over macaroni salad; toss lightly to coat. Cover and chill for a least 2 hours.
- 1/2 cup per serving.