Prep 25 mins
Cook 19 mins
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, quartered
- olive oil flavored cooking spray (5 one-second sprays per serving)
- 1 cup fresh parsley leaves (loosely-packed)
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 7 medium scallions, chop 1 and slice the others into 6 pieces each
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest, freshly grated
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 medium garlic clove
- 36 large shrimp, fresh, peeled
- 1⁄2 teaspoon table salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- Preheat grill or grill pan.
- Coat red pepper with cooking spray.
- Grill, turning as needed, until lightly charred and tender, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- To make sauce, place grilled pepper, parsley, mayonnaise, 1 chopped scallion, lemon zest, lemon juice and garlic in a food processor.
- Pulse until mixture is blended and ingredients are finely chopped; set aside.
- Thread 3 pieces each of shrimp and sliced scallions onto each of 12 metal skewers.
- (Note: If you’re using wooden skewers, soak them in water for 30 minutes before use to prevent charring.).
- Lightly coat shrimp and scallions with cooking spray; sprinkle with salt and black pepper.
- Grill skewers, turning once, until shrimp are just cooked through, about 2 to 4 minutes.
- Yields 2 skewers and about 2 tablespoons of sauce per serving.
- 1 Point per serving.