Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Fabulous Fat-Free Cooking
- 1 lb asparagus
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ground black pepper
- salt (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup fat free parmesan, topping
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Coat a 12x8 baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Arrange the asparagus in the dish in rows.
- Add the water and lemon juice.
- Season to taste with the pepper and salt.
- Sprinkle with parmesan.
- Cover loosely with foil.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until asparagus is tender.
This was great asparagus! I halved the recipe and used frozen petite asparagus spears. Only 2 in our family normally like asparagus but 5 of us ate and loved this! Thanks for posting...no leftovers here!