Prep 2 mins
Cook 5 mins
From WW Online
- 5 1⁄3 ounces frozen edamame, shelled, about 1/3 of a 16 oz bag
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Place a small saucepan filled with water over high heat.
- Add edamame to pan and bring to a boil; boil for 3 minutes and drain.
- Place edamame in a serving bowl and set aside.
- To make seasoning, mix together sea salt, chili powder, ground cumin and cayenne pepper in a cup; toss with edamame until well-coated.
- 1 Point yields about 1/3 cup per serving.
We love Edamame beans and we love HOT so this was perfect! Easy to make, easy on the waistline and very tasty!
This is HOT!!! I like hot and spicy, but this is extreme. I doubled the amount of edamame and used less spices and seasonings than listed for 5 1/3 ounces (maybe two thirds that amount), and I didn't even use all of THAT to toss -- and it was still plenty fiery. That said, it's hard for me NOT to like edamame, so this was still good. Thanks for posting!
I love it when I can get my family to eat a new vegetable. We really enjoyed this and it was so easy to toss together. Perfectly seasoned and the edamame was nice and tender. Thanks for sharing a unique recipe.