Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
From ww magazine.
Make and share this Ww 1 Point - Cool Tomato Soup With Ginger and Lemon recipe from Food.com.
- Heat the oil in a large soup pot or dutch oven over medium heat; add the onion and cook, stirring, until tender, 5 minutes.
- Stir in the ginger and cook 1 minute more.
- Add the tomato and salt; bring to just a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the tomatoes are soft and juicy, about 15 minutes.
- Pass the tomato mixture through a food mill or sieve (to remove the seeds and skin) and return it to the pot.
- Allow to cool to room temperature.
- Stir in lemon juice and enough cold water to make 6 cups.
- If serving immediately, divide among 6 soup bowls and top each with 1 or 2 lemon slices.
- Or cover and refrigerate up to 2 days; let stand 30 minutes at room temp before garnishing and serving.
- 1 point per serving (1 cup).