Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
From WW Simply Delicious
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb cremini mushrooms or 1 lb white mushroom, cleaned, stems discarded, and caps halved
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Heat large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Swirl in the oil, then add the mushrooms.
- Saute, stirring frequently, 1 minute.
- Add the garlic, thyme, and salt; saute until fragrant, stirring frequently, 1 minute.
- Add the vinegar and cook, strring often, until all liquid evaporates.
- 1 Point for 1/2 cup.
I had a similar experience as KLHquilts. The oil was all soaked up by the mushrooms and the pan was dry when it was time to add the garlic. Because I didn't want to add the garlic to a dry pan, I went ahead and added double amount of vinegar with the garlic and thyme. I used 1/2 t. fresh chopped thyme. The mushrooms tasted great, but I am wondering if I will need to use more oil to bring out the flavor and aroma of the garlic. Thanks.
I feel bad about giving this 4 instead of 5 stars, because the flavor was wonderful and I love the fact it's low-fat and low points ... and I'll definitely be making it again (and again and again). But I did have a little problem with the mushrooms sticking rather badly after the first minute; they sucked up the oil I'd been using to saute them in, so there was no liquid or oil left at all when it came time to add the garlic. I threw in the vinegar and that helped a bit, but it still didn't cook the garlic properly. Next time I'll play around with it and solve this problem without adding oil. Even with all that, though, I loved it, and my husband (the mushroom lover) REALLY loved it. Thanks for posting this!