Recipe by chungry1
I got this recipe on another website but made it my own. It works with any fruit puree; I've tried apple and cantaloupe and banana. They are so good! I want to try pumpkin with pumpkin spice instead of cinnamon, YUM!
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1⁄3 cup applesauce
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups bran flakes
- 1 1⁄2 cups skim milk
- 1 1⁄3 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 egg whites
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix bran flakes and milk and set aside for 15 minutes.
- Mix all of the other ingredients together, then add the bran mixture when it has sat for 15 minutes.
- Pour into 12 muffins.
- Bake at 350°F for approximately 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.