Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I got this recipe on another website but made it my own. It works with any fruit puree; I've tried apple and cantaloupe and banana. They are so good! I want to try pumpkin with pumpkin spice instead of cinnamon, YUM!
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1⁄3 cup applesauce
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups bran flakes
- 1 1⁄2 cups skim milk
- 1 1⁄3 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 egg whites
- Mix bran flakes and milk and set aside for 15 minutes.
- Mix all of the other ingredients together, then add the bran mixture when it has sat for 15 minutes.
- Pour into 12 muffins.
- Bake at 350°F for approximately 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
I made these to take to a meeting and everyone really liked them. For a low calorie, 1 point muffin, they are great !! thanks for sharing this recipe, chungry!!
These were good. Not stellar, but good. I had a hard time with the mixing of them. I tried to mix everything else before adding in the bran flakes and milk but it just balled up and then wouldn't mix into the milk. Depite that, they did turn out very well. I would suggest taking them out of the pan fairly quickly after baking as the bottoms will get quite moist (damp) if you don't. I gave my pans a quick spray with cooking spray and wish I had given them a large spray. They were still quite difficult to get out of the pan. All in all, these are quite good for being such a low point treat. Thanks for sharing!