Recipe by mariposa13
From WW Great Cooking Everyday
Top Review by queenofeats
Overall not a bad recipe. I had a little trouble getting everything to combine, it seemed like there was always a little bit of liquid left that needed to be re-stirred in every so often. I tried to make this in place of a more traditional hot spinach and artichoke dip and I don't think it worked very well for that purpose, but it was very good once I realized I just had the wrong expectations for the recipe. I think it might work really well in a sandwich sometime - I'll give it a try! Thanks for passing the recipe along. (Updated - my mouse must have slipped, I meant to give this 4 stars, not 3. Sorry!)
- 2 cups packed spinach leaves, cleaned
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1⁄2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon canned diced green chiles, drained
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4 medium avocado, peeled and sliced
- 2 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the spinach in pot of boiling water for 1 minute.
- Drain, rinse under cold water, drain again, and squeeze dry.
- Place the spinach, buttermilk, half of the onion, chiles, and the lime juice in food processor and pulse until the spinach is finely chopped and the mixture is well combined. Do not overblend.
- Mash the avocado in a bowl.
- Stir the spinach mixture with the tomatoes, cilantro, and remaining onion.