Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Another 0 point soup that is a bit different from the others. WW Magazine (March 2008)
Make and share this Ww 0 Point Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1360.77 g can reduced-sodium chicken broth or 1360.77 g can vegetable broth
- 8 sprig parsley
- 3 slice lemon zest (3 inch)
- 2 scallions, trimmed an cut into 1 inch pieces
- 4 sprig tarragon
- 1 inch cinnamon stick
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4.92 ml coriander seed
- 1.23 ml peppercorn (I use mixed colored peppercorns)
- 113.39 g sugar snap pea, trimmed and sliced on the diagnol
- 1.23 ml salt
- 29.58 ml chives, snipped
- In a large pot combine first 9 ingredients (broth - peppercorns) and bring to a boil over medium high heat.
- Reduce heat and simmer, covered for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and let soup stand for 5 minutes.
- Strain soup over a large saucepan or clean pot. Discard solids.
- Return soup to a boil and stir in peas and salt.
- Ladle into bowls and garnish with chives.
What wonderful flavor! The sugar snap peas are nice, but for me it's really the well seasoned broth that makes this soup. The lemon zest is an inspired touch. I'm dieting and was looking for something light to make my stomach feel full without adding calories and this fills the bill. Thanks, Ellie, for a winner that will be with me a long time!