Recipe by Redsie
This is my favorite Weight Watchers vegetable soup. I have been making it over and over again and I still love it! Edited to add that I now add some Tabasco sauce to the soup to give it a nice kick!
Top Review by nemokitty
I wanted a different variation of the WW zero point soup also and this is just perfect. I used chicken broth, left out carrots and added green beans and red pepper. I'll be eating this for lunch quite awhile since it makes so much (which is perfect). Thanks for a keeper!!
- 1 cup diced onion
- 6 chicken bouillon cubes or 3 -4 teaspoons broth, seasoning mix
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 cups thinly sliced zucchini
- 2 cups thinly sliced carrots
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 3 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon Italian spices
- salt & pepper (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large nonstick saucepan, combine onion, broth mix and garlic; cook stirring occasionally, until onion is translucent.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir to combine; cover and cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes.
- Add 4 cups water and bring to a boil. reduce heat to medium, cover, and cook until vegetables are soft, about 20 minutes.
- Using slotted spoon, remove about 2 cups of vegetables from saucepan and set aside.
- In blender, in a few batches, puree remaining soup, return pureed mixture to saucepan, add reserved vegetables and heat.