This is my favorite Weight Watchers vegetable soup. I have been making it over and over again and I still love it! Edited to add that I now add some Tabasco sauce to the soup to give it a nice kick!
- 1 cup diced onion
- 6 chicken bouillon cubes or 3 -4 teaspoons broth, seasoning mix
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 cups thinly sliced zucchini
- 2 cups thinly sliced carrots
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 3 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon Italian spices
- salt & pepper (to taste)
- In a large nonstick saucepan, combine onion, broth mix and garlic; cook stirring occasionally, until onion is translucent.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir to combine; cover and cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes.
- Add 4 cups water and bring to a boil. reduce heat to medium, cover, and cook until vegetables are soft, about 20 minutes.
- Using slotted spoon, remove about 2 cups of vegetables from saucepan and set aside.
- In blender, in a few batches, puree remaining soup, return pureed mixture to saucepan, add reserved vegetables and heat.