Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is my favorite Weight Watchers vegetable soup. I have been making it over and over again and I still love it! Edited to add that I now add some Tabasco sauce to the soup to give it a nice kick!
- 1 cup diced onion
- 6 chicken bouillon cubes or 3 -4 teaspoons broth, seasoning mix
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 cups thinly sliced zucchini
- 2 cups thinly sliced carrots
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 3 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon Italian spices
- salt & pepper (to taste)
- In a large nonstick saucepan, combine onion, broth mix and garlic; cook stirring occasionally, until onion is translucent.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir to combine; cover and cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes.
- Add 4 cups water and bring to a boil. reduce heat to medium, cover, and cook until vegetables are soft, about 20 minutes.
- Using slotted spoon, remove about 2 cups of vegetables from saucepan and set aside.
- In blender, in a few batches, puree remaining soup, return pureed mixture to saucepan, add reserved vegetables and heat.
I wanted a different variation of the WW zero point soup also and this is just perfect. I used chicken broth, left out carrots and added green beans and red pepper. I'll be eating this for lunch quite awhile since it makes so much (which is perfect). Thanks for a keeper!!
Thanks so much for this recipe. I used to eat the WW zero point soup years ago when I first joined WW. But I got to the point I just couldn't take it anymore no matter how much I varied the recipe. This recipe is just what I am looking for. I modified a bit and I blenderized all of the vegetables for this recipe and I love the taste, color, consistency. It makes for a great soup by itself OR as a base to add in other healthy ingredients.
I have been looking for this older WW recipe forever. I loved this one the most and you could dress it up if you want but love it like it is. Thanks for posting it.