Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a quote from the site I found it at- "It is very easy to make and is one of those German specialties that best reflects the German food industry. It is either made with fine grain sausages like Knackwurst or Frankfurter. German summer afternoons spent at home working in the garden often end with a meal of wurstsalat". Posted for ZWT- German
- 4 pre-cooked cold knackwurst of frankfurters, peeled, and sliced thin (about 3/4 of a pound)
- 1 small onion, sliced thin (about 2 oz.)
- salt (to taste)
- fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
- 44.37 ml wine vinegar
- 59.16 ml vegetable oil
- In a salad bowl combine sliced knackwurst and sliced onion.
- In a small bowl whisk together vinegar, oil, salt and pepper.
- Pour dressing over knackwurst, toss and serve with a good rye bread.