Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A variety of sausages may be used, such as: debrizener, bauerwurst, jagdwurst, frankfurters and summer sausage.
- 2 lbs assorted smoked German sausages (4 cups)
- 1 cup julienned red onion
- 1 cup german sweet gherkin, thinly cut on bias
- 1⁄2 cup german sweet mustard
- 1⁄2 cup german hot mustard
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1⁄2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- Cut the assorted sausages thinly on the bias.
- Add the red onion and sweet pickles to the sausages.
- Mix mustards, oil, vinegars and sugar.
- Mix dressing with sausages.
- Let set for 1 hour before serving.