Kay Demonbren's Note:
From Alton Brown and the Food Network. This is a great little tip for "writing" on your edibles. Use it on cakes, cookies, muffins, pancakes, whatever. You're only limited by your imagination. I have also used this recipe with white chocolate chips, worked very well. You don't even need pastry bags or tips for this one. Yield is approximate, as I didn't measure the chocolate once melted.
My Private Note
- 1For microwave: In a small bowl, combine the chocolate chips and the canola oil.
- 2Heat on High for 3 minutes, depending on your microwave.
- 3Stir well.
- 4For double boiler:.
- 5Combine chocolate chips and canola oil in top of double boiler.
- 6Melt very slowly, stirring occasionally until all of chocolate is melted and combined with the oil.
- 7After chocolate is melted, pour into an ordinary squeeze bottle (I found a package of 3 meant for mayonnaise, mustard and ketchup at Wal-Mart).
- 8Make sure lid is SECURELY attached.
- 9Ask me why this is important!
- 10Squeeze the bottle and decorate to your heart's content.
Browse Our Top Sweet Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Writing Chocolate
Serving Size: 1 (177 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 884.2
- Calories from Fat 534
- Total Fat 59.4 g
- Saturated Fat 30.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 18.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 106.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.9 g
- Sugars 91.5 g
- Protein 7.0 g