Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 min
I bought a cookbook at a rummage sale and inside the book was a hand written recipe card for coleslaw- It was written on a card that said "A Taste of Wrightsville Beach" and was written by Susette, who wrote "Tom's favorite" on the back. By the way, Wrightsville Beach is in North Carolina. I had never heard of it before but you learn something new every day. This sounds very good and I wanted to share.
- 5 cups cabbage, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup almonds, toasted
- 1 1⁄2 cups dried cranberries
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, finely sliced
- 1⁄2 cup green bell pepper, finely diced
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon honey mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Combine the first 5 ingredients in a bowl.
- Combine the next 6 dressing ingredients in a separate bowl and whisk to mix.
- Combine the slaw and dressing just before serving. Keep refrigerated.