Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I found this on the Pillsbury site and it is going to be presented at the Bake-Off42 in Orlando 2006 by Kelly Lynne Baxtre from Olympia, Wa. It looks so easy and yummy that I figured I'd post it for safe keeping. Perfect for that romantic dinner for the "two" of you.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 (4 ounce) beef tenderloin steaks, about 1-inch thick and
- 1⁄2 teaspoon McCormick's Montreal Brand steak seasoning
- 4 pillsbury perfect portions refrigerated buttermilk biscuits (2 twin-packs from 21oz pkg)
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup crumbled gorgonzola (4 oz)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 4 1⁄2 ounces drained & sliced mushrooms
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh parsley
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- In 8" skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Pat steaks dry with paper towel; sprinkle both sides with steak seasoning.
- Add steaks to skillet; cook 1 to 2 minutes on each side or until browned.
- Remove steaks from skillet; place on plate.
- Spray cookie sheet or 13x9-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- On cooking surface, roll or press 2 of the biscuits into 5-6" rounds.
- Place 1 steak on center of each flattened biscuit.
- Press remaining 2 biscuits into 5-6" rounds; place over steaks.
- Flute or crimp edges with fork to seal.
- In small bowl, beat egg yolk and water with fork until blended; brush over top biscuits.
- Bake 14-18 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in 1-quart saucepan, mix cheese, pepper, whipping cream and Worcestershire sauce.
- Heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer uncovered, stirring constantly, until cheese is melted.
- Stir in mushrooms.
- Keep warm over low heat.
- Sprinkle half of mushroom gravy over each wrapped steak; sprinkle with parsley.