Recipe by JedenC
Hollowed out jalapeños stuffed with a mixture of cream cheese and crab meat wrapped with bacon. It is preferable to grill them on a gas or charcoal grill with a sheet of aluminum foil underneath to protect any cheese mixture that may escape. My dad has made these for quite some time and the mixture has been changed from capers as an ingredient to chorizo sausage and other favorites. Double, triple, quadruple the recipe as needed.
- 3 medium jalapeno peppers
- 3 slices bacon
- 3 tablespoons cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons crabmeat (Chicken of the Sea has some good stuff in pouches by the tuna)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 pinches black pepper
- 1 -2 pinch cumin
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a skillet on stovetop to medium setting and fry the bacon for about five minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine cream cheese, cheddar cheese, lemon juice, mustard, salt/pepper, and cumin.
- Combine well using a fork for the cream cheese.
- Stir in crab.
- Set in fridge while you prepare jalapeños.
- Rinse and then cut the jalapenos in half length-wise. Remove the seeds. Depending on how much heat you prefer, you can leave in the rest of the "guts" or take some or all of it out.
- Next, spoon in the cheese mixture. Do not overfill unless you want to clean up a big mess.
- Put the halves back together and wrap with bacon, securing with toothpicks.
- Grill for about five minutes on each side, or until the bacon has browned.