Recipe by English_Rose
A nice appetizer for a romantic candlelit meal, alternatively can be scaled up for a formal dinner party.
Top Review by Mia #3
Hi greetings from Portugal, I'm a true fig lover, I have 3 different kinds of fig trees in my yard, and I get 2 harvest per year if the weather holds out good. So this receipe was a must for me. The only change I made and that was because I could'nt find pancetta, I had to use bacon instead, It was perfect, turned out just wonderful, the whole family went wild over these and everyone was asking me for the receipe. This one is a keeper, thanks so much for sharing this wonderful receipe with all of us.
- 4 figs
- 2 ounces camembert cheese, cut into chunks
- 8 slices pancetta
- 1 dash port wine (1 splash)
- drizzle balsamic vinegar
- 3 fresh thyme or 3 basil leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Split open the figs and stuff each one with a piece of camembert.
- Wrap each fig with two slices of pancetta. Place on a baking tray and cook in the oven for 5-6 minute, or until the pancetta is golden and the cheese melted.
- Remove the figs from the oven and drizzle with a little port and balsamic vinegar.
- Sprinkle with thyme or basil leaves, to serve.