Recipe by Sackville
This is another one of my favourite ways to dress up chicken breasts. The basic idea is in the recipe but I think there are so many variations you could try, depending on what's in your kitchen. A bit of fresh rosemary, instead of sage, might be nice or maybe another type of cheese.
Top Review by Gail11
I used pepper jack cheese inside the pocket, wrapped the bacon around the breasts,sprinkled with cajun seasoning,granulated garlic, salt & pepper and cooked on my cast iron grill pan 7 minutes on each side. These were delicious and quick to put together. They came out very moist. Will make again often and vary the fillings inside and the seasonings.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 ounces soft goat's cheese or 2 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 strips bacon
- sage leaf, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (optional)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F or 190 degrees C.
- Use a knife to make a slit in the chicken breasts.
- Stuff 1/2 of the cheese, 1/2 garlic and 1/2 sage in the slit.
- Wrap 2 bacon strips around each breast.
- Put in a baking dish and drizzle olive oil over the meat.
- Bake uncovered for 30-35 minutes and serve with your favourite side dishes.