Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is another one of my favourite ways to dress up chicken breasts. The basic idea is in the recipe but I think there are so many variations you could try, depending on what's in your kitchen. A bit of fresh rosemary, instead of sage, might be nice or maybe another type of cheese.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F or 190 degrees C.
- Use a knife to make a slit in the chicken breasts.
- Stuff 1/2 of the cheese, 1/2 garlic and 1/2 sage in the slit.
- Wrap 2 bacon strips around each breast.
- Put in a baking dish and drizzle olive oil over the meat.
- Bake uncovered for 30-35 minutes and serve with your favourite side dishes.
I used pepper jack cheese inside the pocket, wrapped the bacon around the breasts,sprinkled with cajun seasoning,granulated garlic, salt & pepper and cooked on my cast iron grill pan 7 minutes on each side. These were delicious and quick to put together. They came out very moist. Will make again often and vary the fillings inside and the seasonings.
this was great! i threw it together really fast. i made a few changes, the cheese, and the sage.., but had most ingrediants on hand, a big plus in my book. i thought it was an especially nice meal for the "last minute" preperation involved. i will definately be making it again! thanks for a great recipe Friedel!
This was an excellent easy meal. I used shredded Tex-Mex cheese blend and sprinkled each breast with Mexican seaoning before wrapping in bacon. I left out the sage. I served it with roasted asparagus #11040 and my low fat Italian potatoes #23014. I will definately make this again.