Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are so good! My sister loves these and the sauce even though she doesn't like mustard. We sometimes refer to these as Fancy Pigs in Blankets. You can slice these after baking and serve them as an appetizer, or you can serve them the way they are out of the oven for a snack, or serve with baked beans and a salad for dinner.
- 4 chicken-apple sausages (I use Aidel's)
- 1 (8 ounce) can crescent rolls
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1⁄4 cup red currant jelly
- 1⁄4 cup Dijon mustard
- In a medium sized bowl add red currant jelly; stir jelly until smooth consistency (not lumpy). Add Dijon Mustard to jelly and stir until smooth and well blended. This is the Sweet Mustard Dipping sauce, refridgerate until ready to serve with the sausages.
- Cut each sausage link in half lengthwise. In medium non-stick skillet, cook sausages over medium high heat until lightly brown on each side. Browning the sausage isn't absolutely necessary but it helps cut down some of the greasiness after baking in so the crescent rolls don't slide off.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Open tube of crescent rolls and separate each roll (into triangles).
- Place a browned 1/2 sausage link on each triangle and roll up; so the crescent roll is wrapped around the 1/2 sausage link. Place on an ungreased cookie sheet. Repeat with the rest of the sausages and crescent rolls. Top the crescent rolls and sausages with sesame seeds.
- Bake sausages wrapped in crescent rolls at 350°F for 17 minutes or until the crescent roll is golden brown.
- Serve with sweet mustard dipping sauce.
Really good. The sauce was great. I doubled the recipe for my family.