Busy Lindsay's Note:
These are so good! My sister loves these and the sauce even though she doesn't like mustard. We sometimes refer to these as Fancy Pigs in Blankets. You can slice these after baking and serve them as an appetizer, or you can serve them the way they are out of the oven for a snack, or serve with baked beans and a salad for dinner.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a medium sized bowl add red currant jelly; stir jelly until smooth consistency (not lumpy). Add Dijon Mustard to jelly and stir until smooth and well blended. This is the Sweet Mustard Dipping sauce, refridgerate until ready to serve with the sausages.
- 2Cut each sausage link in half lengthwise. In medium non-stick skillet, cook sausages over medium high heat until lightly brown on each side. Browning the sausage isn't absolutely necessary but it helps cut down some of the greasiness after baking in so the crescent rolls don't slide off.
- 3Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 4Open tube of crescent rolls and separate each roll (into triangles).
- 5Place a browned 1/2 sausage link on each triangle and roll up; so the crescent roll is wrapped around the 1/2 sausage link. Place on an ungreased cookie sheet. Repeat with the rest of the sausages and crescent rolls. Top the crescent rolls and sausages with sesame seeds.
- 6Bake sausages wrapped in crescent rolls at 350°F for 17 minutes or until the crescent roll is golden brown.
- 7Serve with sweet mustard dipping sauce.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Wrapped Chicken and Apple Sausages With Sweet Mustard
Serving Size: 1 (94 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 244.9
- Calories from Fat 41
- Total Fat 4.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 28.4 mg
- Sodium 443.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 13.3 g
- Protein 6.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: