- 20 fresh asparagus spears
- 10 slices corned beef, from the deli
- 10 teaspoons cream cheese, spreadable type (I use light)
Directions See How It's Made
- Break tough ends off asparagus, wash and steam for approximately 3 or 4 minutes; not too long, keep them tender crisp.
- Lay a slice of corned beef, or your favourite cold cut, flat; spread with about 1 teaspoon of cream cheese. Lay two asparagus spears along one side of the meat with the top of the spear sticking out a little. Roll up tightly like a cigar. The cream cheese will act like a glue and hold them together. They can be cut in half, if so lay the asparagus so that each end has an asparagus top. Refrigerate until ready to serve.