Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Very quick, easy appetizer--delicious too!
- 20 fresh asparagus spears
- 10 slices corned beef, from the deli
- 10 teaspoons cream cheese, spreadable type (I use light)
- Break tough ends off asparagus, wash and steam for approximately 3 or 4 minutes; not too long, keep them tender crisp.
- Lay a slice of corned beef, or your favourite cold cut, flat; spread with about 1 teaspoon of cream cheese. Lay two asparagus spears along one side of the meat with the top of the spear sticking out a little. Roll up tightly like a cigar. The cream cheese will act like a glue and hold them together. They can be cut in half, if so lay the asparagus so that each end has an asparagus top. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
I made this with two pkgs of cream cheese that I added one dry package of Zesty Italian dressing mix and used thinly sliced ham. It had a really nice flavor to it.
Hey you guys, I have been making a similar appetizer all summer and I wanted to let you guys in on the delicous-ness. Prepare the asparagus the same way, lightly steamed. Lay a slice of proscuitto, two aspargus spears, a slice of feta and one more spear of asparagus then roll it up. The proscuitto will hold it all together. Pop on a hot BBQ to crisp up the proscuitto and serve immediately. If you are making healthy eating choices, you can use diet feta and only half a piece of proscuitto and it is still awesome. What better way to eat your veggies - wrapped in meat with cheese!!